Calling all entrepreneurs! This is not a pirate software scam!
Microsoft is offering a legitimate program designed to eliminate the capital expenses associated with the Visual Studio IDE and Microsoft server operating systems.
Qualifying startup companies enrolled in the program will receive free copies of Microsoft software for up to 3 years. This technical offering includes:
Development & Testing Products
- All the software included in the Visual Studio Team System Team Suite (VSTS) with MSDN Premium subscription plus VSTS Team Foundation Server (Standard Edition)
- Microsoft Windows Server
- SQL Server
- BizTalk Server
- Office SharePoint Server for Internet Sites hosting
- Systems Center for managing hosting server operations
This program is designed to enable entrepreneurs and startups to get new ideas off the ground and generate income. For this reason, Microsoft has a few qualifications your company must meet at time of enrollment:
- You be using the product to develop a software-based product or service that will form a core piece of your current or intended business.
- Your company must be privately held.
- Your company must be less than three years old.
- Annual revenue cannot exceed $1 million USD.
Applying for this program is simple. You have three options.
- Review the information on the Bizspark site and apply by clicking “Join BizSpark Now”: http://www.microsoft.com/bizspark/Default.aspx
- Jump straight to the application page: http://www.microsoft.com/bizspark/Startup/Signup.aspx
- Send me an email and I will help you with the qualification and enrollment process:firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no initial costs for the Startup but there is a $100 USD program fee to be paid when the Startup leaves the BizSparkStartup Program.
This article has been republished with permission. The original article appeared on Brian’s Blog.